Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

No Limit to Resourcefulness, Courage, & Determination

This is an incredible story about the personal quest, motivated solely by the 9/11 attacks, of a mother of three from Montana against Al-Qaeda and terrorism. Using mostly just a computer keyboard she infiltrated terrorist networks and brought to justice several anti-American operatives while absorbing huge personal risk. Here's one teasing excerpt:
After the media picked up my identity at Anderson's Article 32 hearing in May 2004, I received numerous threats and, on December 5, 2004, someone stole my car out of my family's garage. It was later found wrecked two counties away from my home, riddled with bullet holes. As a result, I now have permanent security.
I highly recommend reading the whole thing. (Hat Tip: The Belmont Club)

3 comments:

Harry Eagar said...

I already couldn't sort out the good Muslims from the bad Muslims. Now I have to look askance at Jehovah's Witnesses, too?

More seriously, while as far as we know this is as good as you think it is, I can see opportunities for endless mischief in other hands.

Bret said...

Yeah, Jehovah's Witnesses are the worst! :-)

The endless mischief has been going on for years. Surely you've heard of email viruses, denial of service attacks, security breaches, etc.? Or did you mean something else?

Harry Eagar said...

Something else.

Also going on for years have been volunteer subversive hunters -- the American Legion in the '20s, the McCarthyites in the '40s and '50s, generally anybody who thinks Dean Manion was a great American.

The Legion actually murdered people.

We don't need an American DEBKA File. (I wouldn't be surprised if we already have one; if we do, I haven't encountered it.)