Search This Blog

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Drunken Debauchery of the Past

Reading Throwing out the baby and keeping the bathwater at Thought Mesh reminded me of a blues song I wrote in the 70's called Wellesley which chronicles the drunken debauchery of those around me (Note that it's not about me; it's about a frat brother). I didn't actually get around to recording the song till much later, but it still captures the essence of some behaviors from thirty years ago. This song is actually a man-bites-dog story in that, unusually and surprisingly, the drunken encounter didn't actually end with sex.

The amazing thing about being alive a long time is that you see that human nature and behavior changes very, very, very slowly, if at all.

2 comments:

erp said...

Hey, where is everybody?

Bret said...

I've been outta town. Now, I'm swamped. I hope to be back in action soon. Till then, carry on!