Search This Blog

Friday, April 04, 2014

New Format

Due to popular reader demand for various features, with great trepidation, I'm going to upgrade the blogger template for Great Guys tonight at approximately 8:00 PM PST.  Supposedly I can always go back to the older template, supposedly everything'll be backed up (and I'll back up everything by hand that I have reasonably easy access to), supposedly it won't lose any comments, supposedly we'll have access to more features, and supposedly it'll be better.  Blogger has been bugging me (and probably my co-bloggers too) to do this for about 5 years.

Just in case, if you have any pearls of wisdom in the comments that are critical to well-being of the human race, please make a copy of them (I'm not backing up comments - in theory, there's no need to).

This might be a long weekend.

10 comments:

Bret said...

I have practiced the template switch with an offline blog we have and it seemed to go okay.

Clovis said...

Oh my, and if we loose all the pearls of wisdom Erp gave us all this time?

I can't imagine greater loss.

:-)

erp said...

Hey, it's already working.

Bret said...

Seems to work okay.

Peter said...

Pretty, Bret. Very pretty. Now, how about you celebrate with a long-promised post on partying? Not that political economy isn't endlessly fascinating, it's just that it seems to be subect to a corollory of Godwin's law: "The longer a thread on economics goes on, the probability that erp and Clovis will accuse each other of lying approaches 1". :-)

Clovis said...

Yeah, I agree, me and Erp are getting repetitive.

Maybe I should accuse her of different things next time. :-)

Hey Skipper said...

Still doesn't show the comment date.

Bret said...

Peter,

You're right. It's been a long time since I've posted on partying. Not many posts on technology either.

I guess that's 'cause I only like to post on topics where I don't know what I'm talking about - I know technology and partying! :-)

Bret said...

Hey Skipper wrote: "Still doesn't show the comment date."

Does now.

erp said...

If you party, you must be the exception to rule. I've been reading that the cool girls don't date STEMs because they're boring.

Looking forward to reading about the robotic party animals.

BTW - I didn't get sent directly to the comment using my I-Pad. :-(